Friday, February 24, 2012

My dad's 60th birthday celebration!

This past weekend (on February 18, 2012), we celebrated my dad's 60th birthday with a surprise party!  He was definitely surprised - that is until he the hit the corner leading up to my brother's house and saw all of the cars - at that moment, he knew something was in store for him.  We had entertainment, great good and even better guests!  It was simply wonderful. 

Initially I was going to make cupcakes, but the day of, the time started getting funny and I was just going to let our sheet cake be the only dessert.  Then I got to thinking:  "I had better make these cupcakes for my #1 daddy".  So, I whipped up some "Love on Top" (red velvet w/cream cheese frosting) and "The Usual" (vanilla w/chocolate buttercream frosting) and it all went off without a hitch!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews