Thursday, December 20, 2012

Happy Holidays!!

Holly Decorated Letters
 
 
Over the past two weeks, I have been working on the Holly Letters (initials of my family) seen in the above picture. Why two weeks you ask? Because I am a master procrastinator and I would finish one letter and wouldn't get to the next for another three to four days. Well low and behold, I managed to get them all done and I'm certainly pleased with the results!
 
They're extra easy to make!
 
Here is a list of supplies:
- Wood Letters (the letters I used were 8 inches in length and approximately 3/4 inch wide)
- Fake Holly Berries on a vine
- Glue Gun
- Scissors
I purchased all of these items from Michael's, but I'm sure a Hobby Lobby would carry them.
 
Directions:
1. Cut clusters of holly berries off of the vine. Try to gauge enough for each letter.
2. Place the clusters on the letters to decide if it will fit in that space.
3. Begin to glue each cluster onto the letter.
 
A few tips:
1. Place glue directly on the letter and place the holly on it. Try not to place glue directly on the holly first. I burned my fingers a few times doing it this way before I wisened up and began placing the glue on the letters.
2. Fill in any empty spaces with one or two holly berries.
3. Try to place a holly berry on any of the white spaces from the holly berry you might come across.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews