Monday, August 15, 2011

Dora Birthday Party






These are my first attempt at Dora Princess cupcakes. One of my best friends' neice had a Dora themed party for her 3rd birthday and she gave me free reign to concoct my own cupcake and this was the result! It's a basic yellow cupcake with vanilla buttercream (tinted pink). The princess hat is made out of a mini ice cream cone and it is covered with melted buttercream and adorned with 'edible' crystals. The long bow off of the hat is a grape fruit roll-up, but I will be using taffy on the next go 'round. Finally, the frosting on the cupcake is decorated with multi-colored 'edible' confetti. The look will improve, but they tasted really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews