Monday, December 12, 2011

Holiday Tree Lighting Event



This past weekend I had a large order for a Christmas tree lighting event.  The three cupcake flavors I made were vanilla w/peppermint buttercream frosting, red velvet (RV) and devil's food chocolate (DFC) w/cream cheese frosting and before I go any further I have a disclaimer: Vanilla cupakes are not the easiest cupcake to make contrary to the thought that they are (in fact hard-as-heck in terms of getting the perfect fluffly & light cupcake).  I feel like my RV & DFC I have down packed, but those vanilla's can be a bear.  WELL! I think I've found what works and garners the best results.  This time I switched up my mixing methods (did away with the creaming method for this flavor) and I was sa-tis-fied!!  Yay to me for conquering such a feat..lol  So moving on, each cupcake was placed in an individual cupcake box which was wrapped in a gold or crimson bow.  Oh yeah, I labeled each box with a Christmas tag indicating the flavor of the cupcake.  I love these type of projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews